This Patient Charter supports the NHS Constitution and explains what you should expect from the services we are responsible for and what NHS staff expect from you as a patient.
What you as a patient/carer should expect from Leicester City CCG and the services we commission for you:
- You will be given the information you need to make informed choices about your health and the healthcare you receive;
- You will receive high quality, patient-centred care as close to home as possible, within the resources available;
- You will be treated as an individual, with compassion, dignity and respect;
- Your health and healthcare matters will be handled discreetly and treated as confidential information;
- Staff will listen and respond appropriately to all of your comments.
What Leicester City CCG and healthcare staff should expect from you as a patient/carer:
- Please attend appointments on time, but if you really cannot attend, you should notify the service as soon as possible;
- Please use services appropriately, only using emergency services and home visits when necessary;
- Please use medicines appropriately, only storing as much as you need for now, and be open to discussing alternatives with your GP when necessary;
- Please treat all staff with respect and be courteous in your dealings with them.
The patient charter is available in the following languages:
You may also find useful:
- Tell us your views about local healthcare services you have experienced
- Find out about our priorities
- Discover ways to improve your health