Introducing the Leicester City Safeguarding team
Elaine Yates – Head of Children’s Safeguarding
Tom Pitchers – Safeguarding Team Administrator
Adrian Spanswick – Consultant Nurse / Designated Nurse safeguarding
Mina Bhavsar – Head of Adult Safeguarding
Janette Harrison – Designated Nurse – Children and Adult safeguarding
The safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance to us. We work closely with other CCGs across Leicestershire and Rutland to ensure that all of the services we commission ensure high quality safe effective care.
The following measures ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is given priority and is discharged effectively across the whole local health economy through commissioning arrangements:
- Executive level CCG membership of both Leicester Leicestershire and Rutland Safeguarding Children and Adult Boards which ensures that safeguarding is at the forefront of service planning.
- Senior CCG membership of Leicestershire Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA).
- Close collaboration with the Local Authority to assess and ensure the provision of co-ordinated integrated services to meet the needs of the local population, including specialist services for vulnerable groups.
- Ensuring that safeguarding children and adult strategies and associated policies are in place, including safe recruitment of staff, a whistle-blowing policy and safeguarding training and supervision policies.
- Ensuring that providers of services are held to account through regular review of safeguarding arrangements through quality scrutiny processes.
- Designated nurse and doctors in post to offer professional expertise and advice around safeguarding matters.
If you have concerns that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused, call children’s social care where the child or adult lives:
Leicester City: 0116 2527004 including out of hours
Leicestershire: 0116 305 0005 including out of hours
Rutland: 01572 722 577 ext 8407/ out of hours 0116 305 0005
If the person is in immediate danger please ring 999.