Home > Contact > Make a formal complaint

Make a formal complaint

Do you wish to make a formal complaint? Complete our online form.

Please note complaints are now being manged centrally across the three Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland CCGs; Leicester City CCG, East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG and West Leicestershire CCG.

If you have a complaint relating to the way an NHS service has been commissioned by the CCG, or you have been directly affected by a commissioning decision made by us, you can contact us in the following ways.

Phone: 0116 295 7572

Email: llricb-llr.enquiries@nhs.net


Corporate Affairs Team
NHS LLR Integrated Care Board (successor organisation for LLR CCGs)
Room G30, Pen Lloyd Building, County Hall

Your complaint should be made as soon as possible.  This should be within a year of the event or as soon as it came to your attention.  You can make a complaint on your own or on behalf of someone else if you have their permission.

What information will be needed to make my complaint?

·         Your name, address and contact telephone number/email and, if you are complaining on behalf of someone else, please provide their contact details , date of birth and/or their NHS number.

·         A summary of what has happened, giving dates where possible.

·         Which organisation provided the care or service

·         A list of things that you are complaining about

·         What you would like to happen as a result of your complaint.

·         Consent (a separate form will be provided)


How long will it take to respond to my complaint?

Complaints will be dealt with in a manner that is proportional to the issues raised.  We will aim to respond to your complaint within 28 working days of receiving consent however this dependent on the complexity of the complaint.

Can I get help to make my complaint?

POhWER NHS Complaints Service can support you to make a complaint and offer a free and confidential service that is independent of the NHS.

Telephone:        0300 200 0084

Website:             http://www.pohwer.net/in-your-area/where-you-live/leicester-city

Email:                   pohwer@pohwer.net

Post:                    POhWER

PO Box 14043


B6 9BL

Text:                    send the word ‘pohwer’ with your name and number to 81025

Fax:                     0300 456 2365

Minicom:             0300 456 2364

The support centre is open Monday to Friday from 8am – 6pm


What if I am unhappy with the way in which the NHS has handled my complaint? 

You can ask the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman to consider it further:

Telephone helpline: 0345 015 4033

Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk 

Website: www.ombudsman.org.uk


Problems with other NHS services?

If your concerns are regarding your GP (doctor), dentist or optician you should contact:

NHS England on england.contactus@nhs.net or telephone 0300 311 2233


Share this page