Are you ready for the NHS app?
Now patients in Leicester can check their symptoms, book appointments and view their medical records from their tablet or phone.
The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for people to access a range of NHS services on their smartphone or tablet.
The NHS App enables you to:
- check their symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when they need help urgently using NHS 111 online
If their GP practice is connected to the app, they can register and verify their identity so they can:
- book and manage appointments at their GP practice
- order their repeat prescriptions
- securely view their GP medical record
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses their data for research and planning
GP practices are being connected to the app gradually and will all be connected by 1 July 2019. People will only be able to use all features when their GP practice is connected to the app.
Patients can check if their GP practice is connected when they open the app for the first time. If the practice is not connected, patients can leave an email address and will be notified when it is.
Patients like the NHS App because:
- they get 24-hour access from anywhere
- they don’t waste time trying to get through on the phone
- they have more control over when they book appointments
- they can cancel more easily if they need to
- they can order their repeat prescriptions easily
- NHS login means in most cases they don’t have to come into the practice to get access
- when they do still call rather than using the app, phone lines and reception staff are more likely to be free
- they have access to information about their medications, conditions and treatments wherever they are
Patients should visit www.nhs.uk/nhsapp for the latest patient information or speak to the receptionist at your GP practice when you next pop in.