Local people encouraged to help shape future of community health services
We are encouraging local people to get involved in shaping the future of community health services through a series of interactive workshops.
The local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), which plan and fund local healthcare services, are considering changing a number of these services to make improvements and help more people be cared for at home and in local communities.
What are community health services?
Community health services cover a wide range of care, from supporting patients to manage their long-term conditions to treating those who are seriously ill with complex conditions.
Most community healthcare takes place in people’s homes or in community hospital settings with teams of nurses and therapists coordinating care and working with GPs and social care professionals. Community health services also provide preventative and health improvement services, often working with local councils and the community and voluntary sector in a variety of settings.
The current arrangements for community health services in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland date back a number of years with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust as the main provider.
Since August 2018, the CCGs have been gathering people’s experiences to influence work to redesign community health services. This has included listening to the views of patients, carers, and health and care professionals.
The CCGs would like to share what we have learnt so far and what matters most to people and seek your views on proposals for the future.
There will be a number of opportunities over the coming months for you to get involved. Initially we would like to invite you to attend one of six interactive workshops being held around Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland:
• Monday 11th February 2019, 2.00pm to 4.00pm – Wycliffe Rooms, 27 George Street, Lutterworth, LE17 4ED
• Tuesday 12th February 2019, 6.00pm to 8.00pm – NSPCC National Training Centre, 3 Gilmour Close, Beaumont Leys, LE4 1EZ
• Tuesday 26th February 2019, 6.00pm to 8.00pm – Rutland County Council, Catmose House, Catmose Street, Oakham LE15 6HP
• Wednesday 27th February, 6.00pm – 8.00pm – Heartwood Conference Centre, Rothley House, Coalville Business Park, Coalville, LE67 3NR
• Tuesday 5th March 2019, 2.00pm to 4.00pm – Holiday Inn, 299 Leicester Road Wigston Fields, Leicester LE18 1JW
• Wednesday 6th March 2019, 2.00pm to 4.00pm – Leicestershire Voluntary Action, 9 Newarke Street, Leicester LE1 5SN
The events are open to all and are an opportunity for anyone who has an interest in the future of community health services to share their thoughts.
During the workshops, we will work with you to share our insights, talk through our proposals for services, and most importantly ask for your views. The findings from the workshops will assist the CCGs to put together a future plan of what community health services should look like, ensuring they are integrated with other health and care services to improve the health and wellbeing of patients and their family carers.
We would be delighted to welcome you to one of the workshops. We appreciate that booking in advance may not always be possible for some, but if you are able to do so, please register in advance by calling 0116 295 4104 to reserve a place. Alternatively you can book online at www.bettercareleicester.nhs.uk or via email: BCTComms@westleicestershireccg.nhs.uk