The government has confirmed a gradual easing of the lockdown restrictions in Leicester City.
Outside of the City, Oadby and Wigston are no longer in the lockdown area.
New rules for Leicetser City:
- You can now leave the lockdown area and make non-essential journeys.
- You cannot visit other people’s homes (either indoors or private gardens) unless you have formed a single adult support bubble with them.
- You can still meet up to six people from other households outdoors in a public place.
- Cafés, bars, pubs, and restaurants can open, as well as hair salons, barbers, cinemas and other facilities.
- Leisure centres, gyms, and pools will remain closed.
You can read more about this announcement and the latest updates:
Leicester City Council
Leicestershire County Council