NHS Health Checks
Discover how a free health check at your GP practice can help prevent heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease and stroke.
Get a free NHS Health Check
If you are a Leicester City patient aged 40-74, you can have a free NHS health check, at your GP practice, to help prevent serious health conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease or strokes.
Fortunately these diseases are preventable. That’s why, if you are in the age group and live in Leicester City, you will be invited for a free health check by your local GP practice. This may be by letter or you may be invited in person by your GP or health practitioner.
Even if you feel fine now, you should accept the invitation. You will be better prepared for the future and know how to improve your health – in just 30 minutes.
Don’t risk losing quality time with your family.
For more information or to book your health check straight away, contact your GP practice.
All patients who are between 40 and 74 and are registered with a Leicester City GP practice will be invited for a check every five years, unless you have previously been diagnosed with:
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD);
- Coronary heart disease (CHD);
- Stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke);
- Ischaemic heart disease (IHD);
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD);
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) on or after 1st April 2009;
If you are outside this age range and you are concerned about your health, you should contact your GP.
You may also find useful:
- Read more about the local programme in our new health checks leaflet
- Health checks for people with a learning disability