This classic curry is healthy, tasty and flexible. Try adding a different range of additional green vegetables.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the black mustard seeds, when the seeds start to pop add the potatoes and fry for 1 minute. Cover and cook for 7 minutes on a medium heat. Halfway through cooking stir the potatoes to make sure they are not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the aubergine and garlic, stir well and cook for 2 minutes
3. Add the tomatoes and stir slightly, cover and cook for 6 minutes
4. Add the spices and 3 tablespoons of water, stir until all the vegetables are coated with the spices but careful not to mash up the vegetables.
5. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the aubergines are cooked, stirring halfway through cooking.
6. Remove from the heat and mix in some fresh coriander