Under the Health and Care Act 2022 (effective from 1st July 2022), the planning, arranging and managing of most local health care has been transferred from clinical commissioning groups to integrated care boards. This website will remain live for several months while archiving takes place, but it will not be updated. You may also be directed back this website temporarily where content has not yet been added to the integrated care board’s website. You will only be redirected to this site where the content remains the most up-to-date and correct version.
Visit https://leicesterleicestershireandrutland.icb.nhs.uk/ for the integrated care board for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Thank you for your patience whist we develop our new site.
With a few simple changes to your traditional recipe, this quick and easy Chicken Curry is full of great flavour – the ideal midweek comfort meal for all the family!
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the cloves, cinnamon sticks & cardamom. When these start to sizzle add the onions. On a medium heat cook the onions for about 10 minutes or until they start to brown, stirring regularly.
2. Add in the tomato puree and stir.
3. Stir in the garlic, ginger, green chillis and the dry spices (except for the gharam masala). Add 3-4 tablespoons of water to help mix it all together.
4. Add the chicken and mix it well so that the chicken is coated in all the spice mix. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Then add 250ml water, stir well and cover. Simmer on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
6. Add fresh coriander and gharam masala and cook for 1 minute before serving.