This mouth-watering dish is so simple to make and yet tastes so delicious.
1. Wash the mung in cold water a few times and then put them in the pressure cooker with 600ml water. Add the tomato whole (during the pressure cooking process the tomato will break up into pieces). Pressure cook the mung on a high heat but when the whistle blows, lower the heat and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
2. Once the pressure cooker has cooled down, open the lid and stir the mung, checking that the tomato is in small pieces.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, all the spices and the lemon juice into the mung and stir gently.
4. In a large pan heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, dry chilli, curry leaves and asafoetida. When they start to brown add the mung mixture into the pan. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and mix in some fresh coriander.