Book now – vaccinations available at three local hospitals: but you must be eligible
5th February 2021 | By Liz Mattock | Posted in Coronavirus
People who are currently a priority for covid vaccinations are being urged to book a vaccination at one of three hospitals sites. But only those who are eligible will be vaccinated.
Updated links for booking are also available and the public should use these to book at the hospital sites and not the previous link sent.
NHS leaders are concerned that people are turning up who are not eligible at the Peepul Centre and want to stress that they will be turned away if they cannot prove they are in the priority groups. Staffs at the sites are busy, and it is stressful dealing with this situation
Priority groups have been agreed nationally and protect those people most at risk from serious illness, hospitalisation and possibly dying from covid.
In short, if you are eligible, please book; if not don’t book and certainly don’t turn up at the sites.
Eligible people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland who can now book are those people waiting for their first dose who are in one of the following two groups:
- People 70 years of age and over;
- People 18 years of age and over who are also clinically extremely vulnerable (not including pregnant women) and hold a shielding letter. People will already hold this letter and must not contact their GP requesting one. A definition of clinically extremely vulnerable is available here
To make a booking you must have an NHS number. You can find your NHS number here.
People should be aware that they must be able to prove they are in the priority groups to have the vaccine when attending for vaccination.
People can still wait for their GP to contact them, but the hospital bookings provide an alternative route to being vaccinated. Patients may also be able to book their second doses at the same site.
Around 1,000 appointments a day are being made available and we are very keen to ensure that all eligible people who have not yet had a vaccine have a chance to book.
Eligible patients should book an appointment to be vaccinated as soon as possible as bookings at the hospital sites are expected to be taken up quickly. However, more appointments will be on offer in the future, including at other sites and will be publicised when they become available. People are also encouraged to share this information with eligible people who may not yet have been vaccinated.
A vaccine booking can be made at one of the following hospital sites by clicking on the relevant link:
Leicester General Hospital: https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/pre_timescreen.php?id=$2y$10$MyYLuoqzBISYQgyU04tDX.BELprxQL7Dms6e9m9EPb51qOzF6Da2m
Please ensure you follow the instructions below before accessing the booking link, as the instructions provide the necessary PIN and step by step details of how to book:
The booking process
- Click on the link of your preferred vaccination site
- Enter the pin CovidVL19
- Register as a new user – Please ensure you enter your NHS number (if you do not know this, click here to find it).
- Pick the patient option on the form and fill in your details
- Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. The system will automatically generate a second slot.
- Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking. You will also receive a text reminder if you filled in the contact number field
Photo ID and proof of eligibility (a current shielding letter) will need to be provided on arrival for clinically extremely vulnerable patients. Those aged 70+ will need to provide Photo ID only. Patients who are unable to provide these will not be vaccinated.