Eligible patients invited to book COVID-19 vaccine this week
25th January 2021 | By Liz Mattock | Posted in Coronavirus
Eligible patients in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland are being invited to book a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible for this week.
The local NHS is offering 1,000 appointments a day and is very keen to ensure that all eligible people who have not yet had a vaccine invitation have a chance to book this week.
We can accept bookings for the next seven days for any member of the public, registered with an NHS number, who is:
1) 70 years+
2) Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
Eligible patients should book an appointment as soon as possible to be vaccinated in the next seven days. Members of the public are also encouraged to share this information with eligible patients who may not yet have been vaccinated. A vaccine booking can be made by clicking on the link:
Photo ID and proof of eligibility (a current shielding letter) will need to be provided on arrival.
Please note that the second dose of the vaccine may be offered at another local vaccination site and not necessarily at the same site of the first dose.
Information for patients
Whilst the vaccine is safe for most people, before booking people should first check the vaccine is suitable for them.
Please do not book your vaccine if you have:
• Received a flu vaccination in the last seven days
• Currently have a fever
• Have a history of an allergic reaction to the ingredients of the vaccine:
Pfizer vaccine ingredients
• Tested positive for COVID-19 in the last four weeks
The booking process
1. Go to the website link above
2. On there is a link to our Swiftqueue booking page
3. You will be taken to Swift Queue and asked to choose a preferred vaccination site. Select your preferred location.
4. Enter the pin CovidVL19 when asked
5. Register as a new user – Please ensure you enter your NHS number (if you do not know this, click here to find it).
6. Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. The system will automatically generate a second slot in 12 weeks.
7. Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking.