More locations for over 50s to book Covid vaccine
17th March 2021 | By Liz Mattock | Posted in
People aged 50 and above are now being invited to book for their Covid vaccine and the NHS in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland has made available a choice of locations where they can book.
Use the links and process below to book at a Hospital Hub:
The booking process
- Click on the link of your preferred vaccination site
- If you are asked for a pin, enter CovidVL19
- Register as a new user – Please ensure you enter your NHS number (if you do not know this, click here to find it)
- Pick the patient option on the form and fill in your details. If you are a member of the public please ignore all references to ‘staff’ or ’employer’ and write the word ‘Patient’ in all fields related to employment
- Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. The system will automatically generate a second slot
- Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking. You will also receive a text reminder if you filled in the contact number field.
To book through the national booking service you can do this online or by calling 119, anytime between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. Through this system you can book at the Peepul Centre in Leicester or a pharmacy site. You may also be able to book at a vaccination centre outside Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland if you live within a 45 minute drive:
If you do not see any appointment availability online at the location of your choice it means that our appointments are fully booked, so we advise that you check back at a later date as we add more appointments.
Photo ID and proof of eligibility will be needed on arrival and if you unable to provide these you will be turned away
All other patients will be contacted to book your vaccination when their turn comes. Please do not contact your GP practice or the hospital enquiring about the vaccine.
For further information about the vaccine visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults