Where to get your Covid vaccine in Leicester this weekend
4th June 2021 | By Melanie Shilton | Posted in Coronavirus
People who live and work in certain areas of Leicester and are eligible for the Covid vaccine are invited to drop-in to one of eight locations this weekend to get vaccinated. The services have been put in place to help stop the spread of coronavirus in the city and in particular the variant first identified in India. People can also book an appointment at the Hospital Hubs at the Leicester General Hospital and Leicester Royal Infirmary.
The clinics will all be offering the Pfizer vaccine which means it is suitable for people of all eligible ages and pregnant women.
Drop-in vaccination services
Vaccination services will be running at the following locations this weekend:
- Coleman Neighbourhood Centre, Balderstone Close, Leicester, LE5 4ES. Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 9pm.
- Eyres Monsell Community Centre, Hillsborough Rd, Glen Parva, LE2 9PQ. Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 9pm.
- Fosse Neighbourhood Centre, Mantle Road, Leicester, LE3 5HG. Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 9pm.
- Hamilton Library, 20 Maidenwell Avenue, Leicester, LE5 1BL. Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 9pm.
- Tudor Community Centre, Bewcastle Grove, Leicester, LE4 2JU. Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 9pm.
- De Montfort Hall (The Garden Room), University Rd, Leicester, LE1 7RU. Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 9pm.
- Horizon Healthcare, Catherine House, 2B Stoughton Drive North, Leicester, LE5 5UB. Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm. Anyone who is not registered with a GP practice is advised to come between 11am and 2pm when you will be able to receive assistance in registering with one.
- Merridale Medical Centre, 5 Fullhurst Avenue, Leicester, LE3 1BL. Saturday, 10am to 6pm.
These are all drop-in clinics so people don’t need to book an appointment.
From Monday 7th June 2021, people in the priority areas will only be able to drop-in to get their vaccine in Leicester at Hamilton Library and De Montfort Hall, and this will be for a limited time only.
Booked appointments at the Hospital Hubs
People who would prefer to book an appointment in advance can do so at the Hospital Hubs at Leicester Royal Infirmary and Leicester General Hospital using this link: https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/leicesterc19v.php. The Consultant Pin to access the booking page is CovidVL19.
Vaccinations are being offered to people who are eligible for the vaccine in line with national guidelines. This includes people aged 30 or over; anyone who has a health condition that puts them at higher risk of Covid, and anyone who lives with them; adults who live with two or more adults, not from the same family; carers and health and care staff. We are only inviting people to come forward for these drop-in clinics who live and work in the areas of Leicester listed below, as these are where uptake of the vaccine is lower than in other areas:
- City centre North
- City centre South and Southfields
- West End
- Spinney Hill
- St Matthews and St Peters
- Crown Hills
- St Saviours
More information about the available vaccine clinics can be found online at: https://www.leicestercityccg.nhs.uk/additional-covid-vaccination-clinics/
People who do not live or work in these areas and are not in an eligible group will be turned away.
Vaccines are available for people who live elsewhere in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland via the National Booking Service, the Hospital Hubs and GP practices. Details can be found online at: www.leicestercityccg.nhs.uk/coronavirus-vaccine/
Caroline Trevithick, Executive Director of Nursing, Quality and Performance for the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Groups said: “I’d like to encourage anyone who is eligible for the vaccine and who lives or works in these priority areas to get their vaccine this weekend, either at a drop-in clinic or by booking an appointment at the Hospital Hubs. These additional vaccination opportunities will only be available for a limited time.”